August 26, 2008
Posted by on
I’m not one to complain about things, but this is such a good startup lesson, I have to blog about it. It’s about Comcast. I’ve been a loyal customer for years – the occasionally call into customer support which is the usual horrid experience like any other company, but today’s experience just tops every other customer service experience I’ve ever had.
Let me chronicle my experience and keep a tally of Comcast’s “Comcastic Score”
- 12:47PM: One of my tenants at my rental house email me about internet being down for the past day. Me thinks: I’ll call comcast in a bit. (+0)
- 1:00PM: I go to Comcast’s website to look for a phone number. Lo and behold, I see a “Live chat option.” Cool, I can chat online and work at the same time. Score. (+1)
- 1:15PM: I’m waiting for a rep. (-1)
- 1:30PM: I’m still waiting for a rep. (-2)
- 2:15PM: It’s been an hour and I’m still waiting for a rep. Fail. I give up. (-5)
- 2:30PM: @comcastcares sees my random complaints on twitter and asks “Can I help” (+2)
- 3:00PM: Still no reply from @comcastcares. I figured I’d just call. (-1)
- 3:10PM: Called in, went through usual customer service, reset router, reset stuff on their side, etc. Call my tenants to see if internet works. No. I ask tenants to give them a call. (-1)
- 4:00PM: Tenants call me back. Apparently Comcast shut down our service yesterday because we were “using too much internet.” We’re on 12 months probation. ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Tenants likened it to getting kicked out of a buffet cause you’re eating too much. (-10)
- 4:00PM: And we got zero notice, they just shut our internet down. (-5)
- 4:00PM: And the guy they talked to was apparently a “rude inconsiderate jackass.” Tenants didn’t think it’d make any sense to talk to him anymore cause they’d get nowhere. (-10)
Let’s tally Comcastic score. 0+1-1-2-5+2-1-1-5-10-10 = -32. FAIL.
Can someone please fix customer service for the good of the world? kthxbye.
Photo courtesy: Crunchgear
August 7, 2008
Posted by on
It’s been a while since I’ve shown this blog much love. Lots of excuses, but its mostly because startup stuff is super hectic. Days are long, I never stop thinking about how to make the startup even better, and the last few weeks have probably been the most exhilariting ever! More details to come.
That said, I should really get back to filling up this blog with useful content. I’ve found myself adopting twitter more and more. Micro-blogging for the win!
Cool story from couple days ago. You know me, I look all over for startup content and a lot of times, I run into Guy Kawasaki’s articles. I don’t know him personally, but I’ve gotten so much out of his great writing that I decided just to say ‘thanks’ to him on twitter. Couple minutes later, he replies. Wow, twitter at work. Very cool. Now I’m hooked.
So, in case you ever see a drought on this blog again, you know i’ll be on twitter tweeting away. Much less effort, for when I feel a bit busy. :)
Add me: zealoustiger
June 17, 2008
Posted by on
Blogging was getting a bit too time consuming – especially when we’re heads down coding, so we decided to switch to twitter. Now you can see real-time updates on what we’re up to.
It’s actually pretty cool. I haven’t seen any sites do this before, so we’re gonna try it out.
Now its really easy to see when we’re productive and when we’re not… which is a lot of the time. :)